I think this class has made me think critically about more things than just design. I've noticed that some of the approaches that we used in this class can be applied to your everyday life. For example, the "kaizen" approach; it doesn't have to apply just to designing something. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in your life to reach a certain goal and to me maybe when I'm presented with making a choice that challenges me to make sacrifices, perhaps I'm not necessarily sacrificing enough, or just taking the easiest way out when there may have been a better alternative.
This class has made me focus on little things, simple things, obvious things. Things that can make a bigger difference in your work and life than the "flashy" or "cutting-edge" option. People can become confused by those, regardless of the fact that it's brand new and intriguing. But, it still might not get the job done or the goal achieved. Finally, I've come to realize the notion that nothing can be perfect. Nothing is without change, no matter how small or large that change may be, things change as well as people and places. As a result, you need to be able to adapt and change without losing your roots; i.e. the core set of principles that make those changes great.
- Trenton Allen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment