Wednesday, April 14, 2010

blog 12/13

Coming into the class I was curious about what it would mean to play a game of design. It was hard at first to comprehend and I think I convinced myself I got it until we were going into the first exam, when I had to sit down and actually materialize the game from what was just non-sense to me into an actual process that could be put down on paper, I just about freaked out. I had no idea what I was going to do, but at that point we had already been "playing the game" with our projects, and I understood the game I just didn't know it. And once we started to "review" for the exam and discuss the game, a lightbulb turned on in my brain and it finally all came together and I could see all the different parts and how we could use the skills and thought processes of the game throughout or future careers, even if we aren't in the design field.

Throughout the course, with our projects and exams, I think I will leave the class with a whole new outlook on design and all its potential uses, and how knowing the game will benefit me in my future endeavors.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it is hard to make sense of all of this until you actually conceptualize it. I'm glad the exam helped you do this and give you a takeaway for the class. Good luck with your future endeavors

    ReplyDelete