Monday, April 19, 2010

Blog 12 & 13

For starters I really enjoyed the class all semester. In the past, I was never interested in design or anything that involved design. This was probably because I never really knew what it meant to actually design and "play the whole game." Until I began my journey in I300. The concepts and stages of playing the whole game kept me very intrigued. I was eager to work with group members and draw sketches for the necessary projects. Taking this course opened my mind to designing and its purposes. I learned that design does not always have to be based on the new technologies available, but can be as simple as writing on a piece of paper with a pencil. Creating personas while designing was also a beneficial aspect of the class. I find that this will be extremely helpful, by narrowing down the end users and focusing on specific individuals and their needs/wants. One of the most important things I will take from this class is working with others in groups. Working in groups taught me how to be a leader at times and how to sit back and listen to others. I have always worked well in groups, but now I know how to take my ideas and blend them with others, in order to make the best project possible. The things I learned in I300 I plan to take with me in the work place and excel in these areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment