Monday, April 19, 2010

Blog 12-13

I didn't know what to think about his class before I took it. I knew alot of people took it and ended up staying with it as their cognate or possibly even grad school. This class taught me about the Whole Game. The first class Marty compared the game to a Baseball game. I loved that relation because I have played ball my entire life. When I got frustrated with a certain topic or aspect of the class I tried to translate that term into a baseball analogy and often times that got me through my disposition. The biggest conflicting Idea with playing the "whole game" is that it is impossible to perfectly play the "whole game". There are only checkpoints or finite finish lines created by the developer or programmer himself from either asset drainage or time constraints. Playing the whole game is really playing an endless amount of mini-games until a goal is reached or a deadline is passed. Any task in life, not only in design problems can be accessed and completed using the Whole Game mentality.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found the analogy helpful when you found topics difficult. The fact that you said it is impossible to perfectly play the "whole game" really speaks volumes. I'm glad you found the class helpful and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete