Sunday, March 7, 2010

Blog #8

I think wufoo overall does a pretty decent job using error handling techniques. While signing up for the website I accidentally messed up creating a password. I thought the error message I received could have been a little better. An error message prompted "Password must be 6 character's long" I kept counting the letters and I knew I had at least 6 letters. It took me a while and I finally found next to the words in the error message that "Passwords don't match". I messed up typing in the confirm password, but it took me a while to understand what I did wrong. I thought that the website could have better utilized the function of writing helpful error messages. Also it did not erase the letters I had in the password text box. Knowing I would have to start over anyways it would have been nice to automatically have already erased it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment