Monday, March 8, 2010

Blog 8

The first thing I did to test the error handling of the wufoo site was make deliberate mistakes while creating a log in account. The first error I attempted to make was putting two separate passwords in the fields where each should have been identical. The second error I made was intentionally placing periods in the wufoo name/ URL field. After clicking on create account, I was immediately prompted with red fields and error messages referring to the information I previously entered. I found the error message to be quite simple and easy to understand. For example “passwords do not match” or “sub domain can only consist of letters and numbers,” After playing around with different features on the site, I think wufoo does a good job handling errors and quickly prompting the user when an error has occurred. This type of design makes it easier on the user to understand its functionalities and the areas on the screen that may have mistakes within them. In my opinion the site meets the requirements of a Poka-yoke design in chapter six by making it easy to understand and user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment